As we move towards some relaxation in the lockdown rules, we are adapting our plans too. As you are aware, if you come into the Surgery you must wear a face covering or mask – this request continues until further notice. We are seeing more patients in Surgery and are mindful to keep the footfall in the waiting area to a minimum. To mitigate the risk of a crowded waiting area we are:
- Spacing our the face to face appointments with GPs throughout the day. The GP will tell you if you need to be seen in one our basement rooms – please follow the GP’s instructions when the appointment is made. Please do not arrive early and remember to wear your face covering or mask.
- Moving our MORNING ONLY Phlebotomy (blood test) appointments to one of our clinical rooms in the basement from Monday 6th July. Please use the door at the rear of the building, the Phlebotomy room is on the left. Please do not arrive early for your appointment, you may be asked to wait outside. For those patients with poor mobility, you may use the staff car park and drive in – the car park is very tight, please park carefully. We will; not take any responsibility for accidents or damage to your vehicle. Please remember to wear your face covering or mask.
- Continuing to see patients in the clinic rooms via the main entrance for other nurse tasks such as dressings, blood pressure monitoring, ear syringing, other injections, etc.
- Encouraging patients not to arrive early (so you are not sitting in the waiting room), to come alone if possible and to wear a face covering or mask for every trip to the Surgery no matter what the reason is for coming in.
- If you are an officially “shielding” patient and you have received a letter advising you to remain at home until the beginning of August, you can still come to the Surgery for a blood test. You should not be requesting a blood test from the community nurses to do this in your home.
- If you have INR bloods your appointments will be early afternoon and will take place in the usual room – come into the main entrance as before.
- Our delivery service to shielding patients will continue until the end of July. If this changes we will advise via our website or Facebook page.
Thank you for your co-operation.