How to have a Video Consultation with your GP
Your GP may decide that they want to do your appointment via video consultation. You can use your mobile phone, tablet or PC to connect to the AccuRx Video Consultation Service. AccuRx is an NHS approved system and your information is secure.
Please see the how it works guide below.
How it works:
- Your GP will let you know that they would like you to do a video consultation
- They will then send you a text message with a link to load video consultation, that looks something like this:
What you need to do:
- Once you receive the message click on the link
- It will then open your internet browser (e.g. Safari, Chrome)
- It may show you a screen where you need to click “Request permissions” to enable your camera and your microphone.
- You should then be able to see yourself.
- You should then wait for the GP to join the consultation.
See a video of how it works
- We’ve got a video of how it looks at Youtube: accuRx Video Consultation Demo (SystmOne)
What do I need for it to work?
- A smartphone, either with working Wifi/3G/4G connection
- Your Internet Browser needs to have your phone’s microphone and camera enabled (you can see how to alter this in your phone settings at accuRx: My patient and I cannot see or hear each other on a video consultation). You might also need to make sure you are using a supported browser.
- iPhones running older software that has not been updated (iOS 12 and earlier) will need to download the Whereby app to join the consultation)
What if I don’t have a smartphone or the video doesn’t work on my phone?
You can also access the link on a computer. Just type it into the top of the internet browser like so: